SubjectRe: merge status
Date
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:01 am, Andrew Morton wrote:
> James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com> wrote:
> > it's my contributors who drop me in it
> > by leaving their patch sets until you declare a kernel, dumping the
> > integration testing on me in whatever time window is left.
>
> Yes, I think I'm noticing an uptick in patches as soon as a kernel is
> released.
>
> It's a bit irritating, and is unexpected (here, at least). I guess people
> like to hold onto their work for as long as possible so when they release
> it, it's in the best possible shape.

I suspect part of that is the concern about whether the code will merge with
whatever -mm looks like next. Of course you already do ludicrous amounts of
merging, but sometimes you'll just throw it back and say "too many rejects".

Cheers,
Con

  Last update: 2005-11-10 01:18    [W:0.524 / U:4.296 seconds]