    SubjectRe: merge status
    James Bottomley <> wrote:
    > it's my contributors who drop me in it
    > by leaving their patch sets until you declare a kernel, dumping the
    > integration testing on me in whatever time window is left.

    Yes, I think I'm noticing an uptick in patches as soon as a kernel is

    It's a bit irritating, and is unexpected (here, at least). I guess people
    like to hold onto their work for as long as possible so when they release
    it, it's in the best possible shape.

    I guess all we can do is to encourage people to merge up when it's working,
    not when it's time to merge it into mainline.

    One could just say "if I don't have it by the time 2.6.n is released, it
    goes into 2.6.n+2", but that's probably getting outside the realm of

      Last update: 2005-11-10 00:04    [W:0.021 / U:2.840 seconds]