SubjectRE: merge status
> -rw-r--r--    1 akpm     akpm        78245 Nov  9 11:19 git-ia64.patch

Some of this size may be a git artifact (or to be strictly accurate
an artifact of the way I maintain my git branches). I just merged
up the latest linus branch into my test tree, and then ran:

$ git diff linus test

which only came up with 34799 bytes of diff. The extra bytes you
see may be due to some commits that went into my test tree, but
I goofed some of the comments ... so I ended up with the same patches
going to my release tree, but as different commits. I assume that
quilt then figures out that this stuff is already in Linus tree?

I think that I may need to periodically ditch and re-create my test
branch ... it is full of "Auto-update from upstream" commits, plus
all the commits to pull in topic branches. So when I've merged
over all the topic branches to send to Linus the contents of the
tree exactly match my release tree ... the history is very different
(and somewhat messy in places).

-Tony

  Last update: 2005-11-09 23:58    [W:0.251 / U:0.248 seconds]