    SubjectRe: BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0! (linux-2.6.14)
    On 08:56, Neil Brown wrote:
    > This seems to suggest that the nfsd thread is always runnable, which
    > implies a read-only load with everything in cache - at least for the
    > 10 seconds leading up to each of these errors. Is that likely?

    Hm, not sure. I was compiling glibc and simultanously running a big
    "cvs update" on the nfs server when one of these BUGs happened.

    glibc source and the cvs tree live somewhere in /home and /home is
    exported rw to a bunch of clients. But no client should have accessed
    those two subdirs at that time.

    > The following patch might fix it. Please let me know the result.

    Patch applied and rebooted. The box currently compiles glibc and
    firefox in parallel. No problems so far.

    Thanks a lot
    Andre
    --
    Jesus not only saves, he also frequently makes backups