    SubjectRe: 2.6.14-rt1 (now rt6)
    On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 14:33 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > i have released the 2.6.14-rt1 tree, which can be downloaded from the
    > usual place:
    >
    > http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/
    >
    > this release is mainly about ktimer fixes: it updates to the latest
    > ktimer tree from Thomas Gleixner (which includes John Stultz's latest
    > GTOD tree), it fixes TSC synchronization problems on HT systems, and
    > updates the ktimers debugging code.
    >
    > These together could fix most of the timer warnings and annoyances
    > reported for 2.6.14-rc5-rt kernels. In particular the new
    > TSC-synchronization code could fix SMP systems: the upstream TSC
    > synchronization method is fine for 1 usec resolution, but it was not
    > good enough for 1 nsec resolution and likely caused the SMP bugs
    > reported by Fernando Lopez-Lezcano and Rui Nuno Capela.
    >
    > Please re-report any bugs that remain.

    I've been running 2.6.14-rt6 fine in my smp system the whole day and
    suddenly, just a moment ago, I suddenly started getting key repeats and
    screensaver bliiiinks [not my typo]. No HIGH_RES_TIMERS, with
    PREEMPT_RT. No messages in the logs or dmesg.

    Doing a loop with "sleep 10" bbracketed by calls to date gives me
    sporadic results:

    --- Fri Nov 4 18:30:25 PST 2005
    10
    ---
    --- Fri Nov 4 19:43:53 PST 2005
    10
    ---
    --- Fri Nov 4 19:44:03 PST 2005
    3
    ---
    --- Fri Nov 4 18:30:48 PST 2005
    10
    ---
    --- Fri Nov 4 18:30:58 PST 2005
    0
    ---
    --- Fri Nov 4 18:30:58 PST 2005
    2
    ---
    --- Fri Nov 4 18:31:00 PST 2005
    10
    ---
    --- Fri Nov 4 18:31:10 PST 2005
    10
    ---

    -- Fernando

      Last update: 2005-11-05 03:38    [W:0.025 / U:0.544 seconds]