SubjectRe: keyboard dies during failed suspend attempt
Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Thursday 03 November 2005 03:54, Pierre Ossman wrote:
>
>> I discovered a problem with my laptop keyboard when the machine failed
>> to suspend. Pavel Machek pointed me in your direction for guidance. :)
>>
>> The original issue (swsusp failing) is in this thread:
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=113093802700002&r=1&w=2
>>
>> The side issue is that the keyboard goes completely dead when the
>> suspend fails like this. Not even hardware buttons that control the
>> intensity of the TFT backlight work.
>>

> Are these controlled by ACPI?

Haven't the slightest. There is nothing to control the backlight in
/proc/acpi at least (all brightness say '<not supported>').

>> The problem doesn't happen every time, but it seems to be often enough
>> to do some decent testing.
>>
>> The problem seems to have appeared after 2.6.14 was released. Since the
>> problem is intermittent I can't be 100% sure of this, but it's fairly
>> likely since none of the tests before 2.6.14 failed.
>>

> It feels like device_resume is not called somewhere when swsusp fails.
>
> Could you try activating debug mode for i8042:
>
> echo 1 > /sys/modules/i8042/parameters/debug
>
> ...and then making it fail. Then we'll see if i8042 resume methods are
> called and whether they succeed.

I've been suspending the machine all day now and I have yet to get it to
fail. There must have been something different yesterday but I can't
figure out what... I'll do some more testing during the weekend and see
if I can provoke it again. Otherwise I suppose we can write it off as
something temporary.

Rgds
Pierre

  Last update: 2005-11-04 16:11    [W:0.050 / U:0.256 seconds]