SubjectRe: Parallel ATA with libata status with the patches I'm working on
My general take on things:

* Supporting PATA has always been a long term libata goal (and people
have known this for years).

* I try to stay as far as possible away from the fight between Alan and
Bart. As the changelog shows, I've merged libata patches from both.

* Alan's patches do tend to come straight to me, and it would be nice if
he CC'd them to a list (linux-ide).

* Nonetheless, they get exposure in -mm (via libata-dev.git) for a
while, before going upstream.

* The non-core changes, i.e. Alan and Albert's PATA drivers, aren't
going upstream for a while, and will be instead living in -mm (via my
"pata-drivers" libata-dev.git branch) Too much breakage and user
confusion will occur if they are pushed {today|soon}.

* CONFIG_IDE=n is still largely for developers and brave souls only (or
for lucky owners of the newest boxes, which simply don't have PATA on
them at all).

  Last update: 2005-11-04 04:52    [W:1.107 / U:0.324 seconds]