SubjectRe: nvidia fb flicker
Marc Koschewski wrote:
> * Calin A. Culianu <calin@ajvar.org> [2005-11-26 00:02:46 -0500]:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This patch can be applied against 2.6.15-rc1 to add support to the
>> nvidiafb driver for a few obscure (yet on-the-market) nvidia
>> boards/chipsets, including various versions of the Geforce 6600 and 6200.
>>
>> This patch has been tested and allows the above-mentioned boards to get
>> framebuffer console support.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Calin
>
> Hi all,
>
> yesterday I compiled a 2.6.15-rc2 on one of my Inspirons (NVIDIA GeForce2 Go)
> with nvidiafb. I just changed the fb to some 1600x1200 mode and thus seems to
> work (the source states GeForce2 Go is supported and known). However, the
> letters seems to 'flicker' in some way. Uhm, it's not really flickering, it's
> more like the sinle dots a letter is made of seem to randomly turn on an off. I

Can you try booting with video=nvidiafb:1600x1200MR@60?

If that still does not work, can you open drivers/video/fbmon.c then change
the line #undef DEBUG to #define DEBUG, recompile, reboot and post your
dmesg?

> one takes a closer look it seems like the whole screen is 'fluent' or something.
> Does anybody know how to handle that? I didn't specify a video mode, but
> 'video=vesafb:mtrr:3'.

No, remove any vga= and video=vesafb: strings in your boot options.

Tony

  Last update: 2005-11-28 13:34    [W:0.063 / U:0.352 seconds]