SubjectRe: capturing oopses
Ville Herva wrote (ao):
> I meant that I have the image as a PNG (whatever), captured from the display
> of the remote control program (HP RILOE, VMWare GSX Console, VNC, whatever).
> I'm aware that the VGA display memory holds the characters (in addition to
> pixels) in text mode, but the actual machine may be dead at this point - OS
> crash, hw failure, whatever. The oops output is on the screen - just not in
> palatible text format.

Maybe 'gorc' can help you. I don't have an url, but it is package 'gorc'
in Debian.

I had little success with a digicam photo of lightgray text on
not-quite-white paper, even after trying to improve things with gimp,
but it might work if you have the oops on screen.

Then again, if you have it on screen, you might as well put it on the
web.

--
Humilis IT Services and Solutions
http://www.humilis.net