    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rc2-git5 continues to fail suspending (USB issue)
    Alan Stern ha scritto:

    >On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Patrizio Bassi wrote:
    >

    >>>You wrote about it on lkml, not linux-usb-devel. So it might not have
    >>>been noticed by the USB developers.
    >>>

    >>o sorry you're right. i tought usb team followed the main ml too.
    >>

    >Some do and some don't.
    >

    >>globespan device is a zyxel prestige 630 adsl modem using eciadsl
    >>userspace drivers.
    >>after killing the driver it suspended and resumed.
    >>
    >>but i got a problem, trying to restart driver.
    >>
    >>[EciAdsl 3/5] Synchronization...
    >>
    >> ERROR reading interrupts
    >>*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0804f158 ***
    >>/usr/bin/eciadsl-start: line 517: 11399 Abortito
    >>"$BIN_DIR/eciadsl-synch" $synch_options
    >>ERROR: failed to get synchronization
    >>
    >>usb 2-2: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd eciadsl-synch rqt 192 rq 222
    >>len 13 ret -110
    >>
    >>tried 3 times, always the same.
    >>so i manually unplugged modem and replugged.
    >>works perfectly (as usual).
    >>
    >>seems a problem on suspending and resuming attached device.
    >>

    >Maybe it's a problem in the device.

    no..why should after resume?
    however i remember some kernels ago (.13/.14) it worked
    after resume hotplug restarted my driver, now not.

    >>i've access to eciadsl cvs so i can patch it.
    >>the first problem (no suspend) i think can be fixed binding some signals
    >>in userspace, which?
    >>

    >There are no signals sent to userspace on suspend. It's too late to send
    >signals, because all tasks have already been frozen.
    >
    >Instead the usbfs code has to be changed to handle suspend/resume events
    >on behalf of userspace drivers. Or you could use that patch I mentioned
    >before; it unbinds drivers that don't have suspend methods.

    i don't like to use such big patches, i'm sure Greg will merge fast ;)

    >>the second seems an init problem, that i leave to you :)
    >>

    >I can't do anything about it, since I don't have one of those modems.
    >
    >Alan Stern

    i understand, i appreciate your help.

      Last update: 2005-11-26 21:45    [W:5.288 / U:0.008 seconds]