    SubjectRe: Resume from swsusp stopped working with 2.6.14 and 2.6.15-rc1
    Date
    Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> writes:

    >> > Well, I do not think this problem will surface again. It is first
    >> > failure in pretty long time. If it happens again, I'll take your
    >> > patch.
    >>
    >> If so, could you please make it printk() a message after the timeout has
    >> passed? This way the user will know what's going on at least.
    >
    > We do have messages there, they even tell you name of process that was
    > not stopped. That's enough to debug failure quickly.

    I don't think so. The example said

    "Strange, kseriod not stopped"

    This names a process that admittedly took a long time to stop, but not
    the real *cause* of the failure. There was nothing wrong with kseriod.

    FWIW, debugging this was way out of my league. I might have had a
    better chance if it mentioned a short, fixed timeout. I also noticed
    that it wasn't very obvious to you either at first. The first thought
    was a failing serio driver, although that admittedly might be because
    I mislead you in my attempt to pinpoint the failure.

    But my first post in this thread *did* include the printk() you
    mention above, so it should have been possible to debug it quickly...

    Bjørn

      Last update: 2005-11-23 11:15    [W:0.021 / U:61.420 seconds]