SubjectRe: [LinuxBIOS] x86_64: apic id lift patch
Andi Kleen wrote:
>>At the same time, we seem to be treading in territory where the fuctory
>>BIOSes have not yet been. We're in the weird position, at times, of
>>finding things out before the proprietary BIOSes get there.
>

> You're saying that Arima machine only runs with LinuxBIOS so far?

The Cray XD-1, opteron-based machine, is linuxbios only. Another
machine, DRC, can only use linuxbios. Island/Aruma was mentioned. These
are the three I know of, there may well be others.

DRC used linuxbios because fuctory bios could not configure HT correctly
in their application.

(well, I know of one other, but can't tell you about it).

ron

  Last update: 2005-11-23 21:33    [W:0.093 / U:0.648 seconds]