    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.15-rc2
    On Wednesday 23 November 2005 14:54, Michael Krufky wrote:
    >Gene Heskett wrote:
    >>On Wednesday 23 November 2005 14:17, Michael Krufky wrote:
    >>>f it fixes Gene's problem (a quick glance at his emails suggests that
    >>>it does) then:
    >>Read further Michael, it still takes a _cold_ reboot to to
    >> fix it.
    >I'm sorry -- I should have been clearer... It fixes the following error
    >message, correct?
    >Gene Heskett wrote:
    >> WARNING:/lib/modules/2.6.15-rc2/kernel/drivers/media/video/cx88/cx88-
    >>dvb .ko needs unknown symbol nxt200x_attach.
    >About the cold reboot needed for, well, that is completely
    >First, does the patch fix the unknown symbol error? If so, then the
    >patch is correct.

    Yes, it fixes that just fine.
    >Moving on........
    >Kirk Lapray wrote both OR51132 and NXT200X frontend modules (cc added)
    >First off, Gene, I am still under the impression that both v4l and dvb
    >subsystems are broken under 2.6.15 due to the memory bugs... I don't
    >know if Hugh Dickins fixed those yet or not.

    Neither do I. But as a tv engineer with 50+ years of experience, the
    general appearance is if the antenna cable has been disconnected and
    held about 2" away from the f-59 connector when a hot reboot is done.
    The audio in both cases sounds like its a station 300 miles away when
    the atmospherics are behaving themselves.
    >Please try to build merged v4l+dvb cvs trees against your
    >kernel, and tell me if you are having the same problems. If you are
    >indeed having the same problem, then it confirms that something in the
    >nxt200x module is causing problems in the OR51132 module.

    And how & where do I obtain that?

    >Kirk, are you able to use both modules together using both pcHDTV and
    >ATI HDTV Wonder PCI cx88 boards simultaneously without causing any
    >Once again, Gene, please follow the tree-merge instructions located at:

    I'll give this a shot and advise on the results.

    >Please let me know if the problem persists. If the problem is gone,
    >then nxt200x is a red herring.
    >Michael Krufky

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    99.36% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2005-11-23 21:18    [W:0.022 / U:16.348 seconds]