SubjectRe: Christmas list for the kernel
On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 05:02:33PM +0100, Marc Koschewski wrote:
> Mine looks like this.
>
> * Why is the seconf line for ttyS1 missing (as you have one above)?

Probably because whatever-added-ttyS0 didn't add ttyS1 as well. As
I've said, due to the complex initialisation of serial (and the fact
I don't see this) I can't provide a more useful answer.

At a guess, the "whatever-added-ttyS0" could be ACPI. ACPI doesn't
have the notion of devices, so any ACPI ports would appear as legacy
devices. Hence, ttyS0 may have been provided by both the legacy table
and maybe ACPI, whereas ttyS1 seems to only be provided by the legacy
table.

Maybe that indicates your ACPI is buggy. I don't know. I know nothing
about ACPI.

> * What does these 'too much work' messages mean? Must have been come
> in lately...

It means that we spun in the serial interrupt for more than 256 times
and reached the limit on the amount of work we were prepared to do.
Any idea what you were doing when these happened?

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core