SubjectRe: [RFC] Small PCI core patch
* Neil Brown:

> A question worth asking is: Who needs whom? Do we (FLOSS community)
> need them (Graphics hardware manufactures) or do they need us?

And what do we actually need? 2D graphics, with some very, very basic
acceleration? Basic 3D support? Playback of encrypted content?

Personally, I only need very basic 2D sypport, but this is probably
the exception. The other extreme is the digital media desktop, which
will very soon need to support encrypted video streams.

So what do we want? What sacrifices in terms of proprietary software
and user restrictions are we willing to make?