SubjectRe: Resume from swsusp stopped working with 2.6.14 and 2.6.15-rc1
Hi!

> >> Maybe that even would give me a chance to fix some hardware problem
> >> causing the timeout, and then retry the resume.
> >
> > ..while doing resume few times, trying to change hw config to make it
> > resume is _way_ more dangerous.
>
> I guess it would be. But then, what are the chances it would make the
> situation any worse? Probably never would work, but at least I would

Yes, you could make the situation worse -- if you actually
succeeded. We are talking silent corruption on filesystem here...

("swsusp gives you enough rope to blow up small town")...

> Thanks for all the good work! I've been running Linux on a number of
> laptops since 1998 and am most impressed by the swsusp evolution the
> last few years. Things weren't too bad when APM used to work and
> "lots of RAM" meant 80GB, but today I don't think I could use a laptop
> without swsusp.

Thanks. (I'd still like to see that 80GB laptop :-).
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!