SubjectRe: [RFC] Small PCI core patch
Diego Calleja wrote:

>And no, windows drivers don't work well enought in windows
>(try enabling the /3GB switch in your box and check how many drivers
>break...)

I don't have a Windows box, but I'm quite sure Windows (without the more
esoteric switches) is quite stable, even in SMP. The '95 and NT 4.0 days
are gone. Give the drivers the environment they like (mangle the
addresses if necessary, single thread them, allow them larger stacks,
whatever it takes) and they will work well. Put them in userspace if
you're paranoid or isolate them using binary translation.

From this discussion, it looks like the choices of the future are
Windows drivers or serial terminals. Excuse me now while I look for my
null-modem cable.

  Last update: 2005-11-22 17:38    [W:0.096 / U:60.528 seconds]