    SubjectRe: [linux-dvb-maintainer] Multiple USB DVB devices cause hard lockups
    On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:52:20AM +0100, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
    > >> I'm trying to get a pair of Twinhan Alpha II DVB-USB devices
    > >>working on the same machine. With a single device plugged in, I can
    > >>quite easily receive and stream data.
    > >
    > >Maybe Patrick can comment, I believe he tested with multiple
    > >USB devices.
    > Sorry Johannes, that it seems I'm always waiting for your alarm to make me
    > write a Mail - but this time I cannot add anything to find the problem -
    > or maybe I can - not sure :):
    > I tested it with multiple dvb-usb devices in parallel - but never with 2
    > Twinhan Alpha boxes.
    > Just a thought: Hugo, can you enable dvb-usb-debug and load the dvb-usb.ko
    > with parameter debug=9 .
    > Then start the transfer and your syslog will be filled with messages of
    > returning USB-buffers and their sizes. Try to catch some lines from both
    > devices and send them here.

    Yes, I'll try that. It'll be tomorrow evening (GMT), though, as I'm
    out this evening. I'll also try to get a serial console running so I
    can try to capture the full oops text.

    === Hugo Mills: hugo@... | | ===
    PGP key: 1C335860 from or
    --- You've read the project plan. Forget that. We're going to Do ---
    Stuff and Have Fun doing it.
      Last update: 2005-11-21 16:13    [W:0.022 / U:167.632 seconds]