SubjectRe: [linux-dvb-maintainer] Multiple USB DVB devices cause hard lockups
On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:52:20AM +0100, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >> I'm trying to get a pair of Twinhan Alpha II DVB-USB devices
> >>working on the same machine. With a single device plugged in, I can
> >>quite easily receive and stream data.
> >
> >Maybe Patrick can comment, I believe he tested with multiple
> >USB devices.
>
> Sorry Johannes, that it seems I'm always waiting for your alarm to make me
> write a Mail - but this time I cannot add anything to find the problem -
> or maybe I can - not sure :):
>
> I tested it with multiple dvb-usb devices in parallel - but never with 2
> Twinhan Alpha boxes.
>
> Just a thought: Hugo, can you enable dvb-usb-debug and load the dvb-usb.ko
> with parameter debug=9 .
>
> Then start the transfer and your syslog will be filled with messages of
> returning USB-buffers and their sizes. Try to catch some lines from both
> devices and send them here.

Yes, I'll try that. It'll be tomorrow evening (GMT), though, as I'm
out this evening. I'll also try to get a serial console running so I
can try to capture the full oops text.

Hugo.

PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
--- You've read the project plan. Forget that. We're going to Do ---
Stuff and Have Fun doing it. [unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans