SubjectRe: best way to handle LEDs
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 02:47:55 +0000
Ben Dooks <ben@fluff.org.uk> wrote:

> > I think even slow blinking was used somewhere. I have some code from
> > John Lenz (attached); it uses sysfs interface, exports led collor, and
> > allows setting different frequencies.
> >
> > Is that acceptable, or should some other interface be used?
>
> there is already an LED interface for linux-arm, which is
> used by a number of the extant machines in the sa11x0 and
> pxa range.

Hello,

the current interface is very low-level, while the proposal
from Pavel/John has a much different scope, imho.

I'm working on a led driver for the ixp4xx/NSLU2 which
has 2 leds plus a multi-coloured one.

We would benefit a lot from such an implementation so,
FWIW, I express my personal support and the one
of the whole nslu2-linux community.

Once this patch is upstream, the linux-arm interface could easily
be adapted to use it or cooperate nicely.

--

Best regards,

Alessandro Zummo,
Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy

http://www.towertech.it

  Last update: 2005-11-02 10:50    [W:0.140 / U:0.136 seconds]