SubjectRe: AMD 64 system clock speed
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 20:01 -0500, jstipins@umich.edu wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> My earlier question regarding the glibc "make check" nptl/tst-clock2.c
> failure turns out to be due to my system clock running 3x normal speed.
>
> Evidently, this is a known issue with 2.6.x kernels running on AMD 64
> processors. The "noapic" boot option fixes the clock problem, but disrupts
> other things... ethernet does work, etc. The solution seems to be using
> "apci=noirq noapic" as boot options.
>
> I am using the 2.6.14.2 kernel, and still need to use those boot parameters.
> What is the current state of this bug?

Interestingly, I found out last night that the 2.4.26 kernel can
recognize both processors in my X2. Unfortunately, it had the same time
synchronization issues as the newer 2.6.12+ kernels that I have been
running. It isn't solely related to the new kernel series.

--
Chris Largret <http://daga.dyndns.org>