SubjectRe: Resume from swsusp stopped working with 2.6.14 and 2.6.15-rc1
On 11/18/05, Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:
> Hi!

> > > Funny, I thought that 6 seconds is way too much. Bjorn, please let us
> > > know if 30 seconds timeout helps.
> >
> > It does.
>
> Ouch, yes, that's clear. It is stopping tasks during *resume*... So I
> guess it gets wrong timing by design. Question is what to do with
> that. Could we make keyboard driver pause the boot until it is done
> resetting hardware? Or we can increase the timeout... would 10 seconds
> be enough?

Well, I think 10 seconds when suspending is a nice and resonable
number. For resume though I think we should wait much longer, maybe
even indefinitely - the only thing that timeout achieves is makes
people fsck because the system can't recover from that state.

In any case the attached should make input more swsusp friendly by
checking freeze condition after processing one event instead of all
pending events.

--
Dmitry

  Last update: 2005-11-19 00:37    [W:0.106 / U:0.156 seconds]