    SubjectRe: [RFC] HOWTO do Linux kernel development
    On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 09:08:30AM +0800, Coywolf Qi Hunt wrote:
    > 2005/11/15, Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de>:
    > > So, I've been working on a document for the past week or so to help
    > > alleviate a lot of these problems. If nothing else, it should be a place
    > > where anyone can point someone to when they ask the common questions, or
    > > do something in the not-correct way. I'd like to add this to the Linux
    > > kernel source tree, so it will be kept up to date over time, as things
    > > change (like the development process.) Ideally I'd like to put it in
    > > the main directory as HOWTO, but I don't know how others feel about
    >
    > You put it in the top directory to draw the most attention? Compare to
    > source trees of other kernel projects, Linux source tree looks clean.
    > Please don't spoil that. What's wrong with Documentation/ ?

    People do not seem to even realize Documentation/ is there :(

    Now if those same people would notice anything in the root directory
    either, is another story...

    It's just a suggestion.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-11-15 06:16    [W:0.019 / U:0.564 seconds]