SubjectRe: latest mtd changes broke collie
Pavel Machek wrote:

> [Plus I get a warning from jffs2 that flashsize is not aligned to
> erasesize. Then I get lot of messages that empty flash at XXX ends at
> XXX.]

The datasheet ref'ed earlier says the chips have a 64KB erase block
size, and the sharp driver multiplies that value by an interleave of 4
chips to set the erase size. What erase size is set under the new
setup? cat /proc/mtd or set loglevel for KERN_DEBUG at chip probe time.
The new code is setting it based on what was read from the CFI query
info reported by the chip times the interleave factor (which apparently
should be set as 4 after detecting 4 chips if CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I4=y).

--
Todd