    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 0.99.9g

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

    > May I *STRONGLY* urge you to name that something different. "lost+found"
    > is a name with special properties in Unix; for example, many backup
    > solutions will ignore a directory with that name.

    Two reasons against renaming:

    - we call it fsck-objects for a reason. We are working on a file system,
    which just so happens to be implemented in user space, not kernel space.
    If lost+found has to find a new name, so does fsck-objects.

    - lost+found has a special meaning, granted. So, a backup would not be
    made of it. So what? I *don't* want it backup'ed. I want to repair what
    was wrong with it. When I repaired it, the result is stored somewhere
    else. To backup lost+found would make as much sense as to backup /tmp.

      Last update: 2005-11-11 15:21    [W:0.020 / U:21.716 seconds]