SubjectRe: merge status
Linus Torvalds wrote:
> The development SHOULD NOT happen during the merge window. The development
> should have happened in the tree you wait to merge /while waiting/ for the
> window to open.

In theory. In reality, when the drain unclogs, peoples' output increases.

I'm NOT arguing either side, mind you. Just making a note.

> If two weeks of merge window is too short, maybe the four weeks _between_
> the windows is long enough to sort things out.

Honestly, I wonder if two weeks is too long. The shorter the window,
the more people will work the way you describe above.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-11-10 12:04    [W:0.141 / U:3.480 seconds]