SubjectRe: latest mtd changes broke collie
Hi!

> >With these hacks, I'm able to mount flash at least read-only. On
> >attempt to remount read-write, I get
> >
> >"Write error in obliterating obsoleted node at 0x00bc0000: -30
> >Erase at 0x00c00000 failed immediately: -EROFS. Is the sector locked?"
> >
> >Is it good news?
>
> I see the old sharp driver has a normally-not-defined AUTOUNLOCK symbol
> that would enable some code to unlock blocks before writing/erasing
> (which isn't recommended since the code doesn't know the policy on
> whether the block is supposed to be locked). The tree previously in use
> may have had something similar setup. It seems these flashes have all
> blocks locked by default at power up.

Is there some quick hack I can do in kernel to unlock it? Is it
possible to accidentally unlock "BIOS" area and brick the device?

> Try flash_unlock /dev/mtdX before remounting. More automatic means of
> handling this are still under debate, I need to try another stab at
> resolving that soon.

Good news is that I do have /dev/mtdX. Bad news is I do not have
flash_unlock. Does anyone have binary suitable for arm, preferably
statically linked?

> Looks like you're close to obsoleting the pre-CFI Sharp flash driver,
> it's good news...

Ok, good. Read-only access is certainly better than nothing, and might
even be enough. Sharp shipped it with flash read-only originally.

Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!