SubjectRe: Problem with nfs4, kernel 2.6.13.2
Malte Schröder wrote:
> On Monday 26 September 2005 14:28, Trond Myklebust wrote:
>
>>Also, is this something that is NFSv4 only, or can you reproduce it on
>>NFSv2/v3 too?
>

> I have been running my "stress test" for a few hours with nfsv3, without
> problems.
> I tried over nfsv4 again and it crashed after a few minutes.

I had time to try this with 2.6.12.5, I was not able to reproduce the
error there.
I also found the following post on LKML:

Bret Towe wrote:
> On 9/8/05, Bret Towe <magnade@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Hm, can someone explain what that means? A proprietary module was
>>>loaded then unloaded, maybe?
>>>
>>>You may also want to retest with
>>>
>>>http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/kernel-patches/2.6.13-1/linux-2.6.13-001-NFS_ALL_MODIFIED.dif
>>>
>>>applied, to make sure there isn't a patch in Trond's series that already
>>>fixes the bug.
>>>
>>>--b.
>>>

>>ive been running this since i got the url and so far i havent hit it
>>ive also been a bit busy so i havent been able to make sure its good
>>this weekend i should be able to test it and make sure its solved
>>

> ran it pretty hard over the weekend and i had no crashs at all
> so i think its safe to say this patch fixes the issues i was seeing

The above server is currently unreachable from my part of the net but
Bret Towe seemed to have the same problem as I have. Since the problem
also appears when using 2.6.14-rc3 I think the patch should be looked at
and maybe considered for inclusion. As soon as I gain access to that
patch I will test it and report my results.

  Last update: 2005-10-09 23:02    [W:0.066 / U:0.444 seconds]