SubjectRe: The price of SELinux (CPU)

I'm not an expert in this kind of stuff. I wonder where the numbers
come from; i.e. is 7% from policy? A O(1) policy lookup would be immune
to big policies; a O(n) would probably not have that much impact from a
typical policy lookup. Still perhaps interpreting the policy is a chore
in itself, which still says bigger policy means bigger hit. Or is 7%
constant?

I don't know what the frame of reference is or was. I'm sure with
selinux with no policy it's rather 0ish; what I don't know is what I'm
supposed to be looking at for benchmarking. Just randomly turning
SELinux on and off and looking might give me an invalid measure.

- -