SubjectRe: [BUG 2579] linux 2.6.* sound problems
Patrizio Bassi wrote:

> Ray Lee ha scritto:

I've seen something like this yesterday on ECS P6EXP-Me board (i440EX
chipset) with onboard CMI8338 PCI sound chip. The sound was distorted
when e.g. moving mouse in Windows. When I disabled "PCI 2.1 support" in
BIOS, the problem disappeared in Windows. But when I booted Slax LiveCD,
the same problem appeared - so I think that Linux enables something
that's causing these problems with some PCI sound devices on these chipsets.

Ondrej Zary