SubjectRe: BIND hangs with 2.6.14
On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 11:54:37AM -0700, Ray Lee wrote:
> It seems a not unreasonable assumption that 2.6.13 works okay, or
> there would have been reports of unhappiness (though that is a pure
> assumption). Since it only takes a few hours to get the problem to
> occur, is it feasible to try to bisect the problem space by testing
> some snapshots between 2.6.13 and 2.6.14?

Unfortunately, the machine does quite a bit of other work apart from BIND, so
unless somebody can reproduce this on another machine, it will be a bit
difficult.
I have a run going in valgrind now to see if it can find anything bad about
the pointers in the msg_hdr structure (the structure itself appears to be OK,
judging from my printf-debugging); it's been going for a few hours, so I hope
it will be entering its zombie mode now soon :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/