SubjectRe: CMD7 failing on ATP & Transcend MMC cards
On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 04:54:45PM +0300, Jarkko Lavinen wrote:
> So far, the problem occured only on ATP and Transcend cards when the card
> have already been detected and then mmc_detect_change() is called to
> check if any new cards have been inserted. After CMD2 the next card
> select command CMD7 fails due to illegal command error.

I'm not surprised. CMD2 is part way through the initialisation
sequence, so no one should be sending a CMD7.

After a CMD2, the next expected command is a CMD3 for MMC cards (maybe
not SD cards).

Given the code, I don't see how you can possibly be sending a CMD7
before the initialisation has completed. You need to find out why
a CMD7 is being sent after CMD2.

> I got rid of the problem by simply adding call to mmc_check_cards()
> at and of mmc_setup() function, which is perhaps an overkill. One could do
> it also in mmc_rescan() after switching back to higher clock.

This is not a fix.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core