    SubjectRe: [swsusp] separate snapshot functionality to separate file
    Hi!

    > > Split swsusp.c into swsusp.c and snapshot.c. Snapshot only cares
    > > provides system snapshot/restore functionality, while swsusp.c will
    > > provide disk i/o. It should enable untangling of the code in future;
    > > swsusp.c parts can mostly be done in userspace.
    > >
    > > No code changes.
    >
    > I think that the functions:
    >
    > read_suspend_image()
    > read_pagedir()
    > swsusp_pagedir_relocate() (BTW, why there's "swsusp_"?)
    > check_pagedir() (BTW, misleading name)
    > data_read()
    > eat_page()
    > get_usable_page()
    > free_eaten_memory()
    >
    > should be moved to snapshot.c as well, because they are in fact
    > symmetrical to what's there (they perform the reverse of creating
    > the snapshot and use analogous data structures). IMO the code
    > change required would not be so drammatic and all of the functions
    > that _operate_ on the snapshot would be in the same file.

    No. read_suspend_image/read_pagedir/data_read is image reading. That
    does not belong to snaphost. The rest is notthat clear, but I have it
    working in userspace.

    Image creation is still done in kernel space, but I think that kernel
    <-> user interface is going to be cleaner that way, and I do not think
    pushing it to user is so huge win.

    Yes, names are not ideal, but that will be followup patch.
    Pavel
    --
    if you have sharp zaurus hardware you don't need... you know my address