SubjectRe: [KORG] Kernel Panic
On 10/3/05, Fernando Rocha <frocha@student.dei.uc.pt> wrote:
> Hi linux-kernel staff.
>
> I have a big problem!
> Each time I try to intall an Linux OS, on my machine, it crashes
> with "Kernel Panic"!

We'll need a bit more detail than that.
Please provide the entire crash dump message exactely as it is printed
on your screen.
Please provide as much of the bootup log as you can - using a serial
console or netconsole to capture boot messages may be a good option
(See the text files describing this in the kernel source
Documentation/ directory for details).
Please tell us the kernel version.
Please read the REPORTING-BUGS file in the kernel source dir (or use
this link: http://sosdg.org/~coywolf/lxr/source/REPORTING-BUGS ).

[snip]
> None of the Linux OS were able to detect the best "window size" of
> the screen,
> so I had to manually input it!!

Irrelevant.
Not a kernel issue. Talk to the distribution people and/or the X
people about that.

[snip hardware details]

> Could it be something about the "Hyperthreading" thing, or hard drive
> being SATA,
> or maybe the 3D Board because of not detecting it??

Possibly.
Impossible to tell with out the actual crash dump.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>