SubjectRe: [git patches] 2.6.x libata updates
Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Side note: one of the downsides of the new "merge lots of stuff early in
> the development series" approach is that the first few daily snapshots end
> up being _huge_.

Yeah. Back when I did the BK snapshots, I would occasionally do a
middle-of-the-day snapshot if there were a ton of incoming merges in a
24-hour span.

If this "huge -git1" becomes a real problem, we could always

* give you a manual "do snapshot" button

* ask the maintainers to spread out their submits across multiple days,
as I am doing now

* sell you on capping the daily push-to-kernel.org limit. merge stuff
into "day1", "day2", etc. branches when the main branch "fills up" for
the day.

None of these are terribly painful, but none are terribly appealing either.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-10-29 22:19    [W:0.099 / U:2.972 seconds]