SubjectRe: building 2.4.31 for a non-smp system
On Saturday 29 October 2005 07:57, Per Jessen wrote:
>On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:34:02 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
>>> Please send:
>>> - your .config
>>
>>Attached.
>
>I think you can ignore this report - I've just configured the build
from
>scratch, and everything is working fine. For the previous build(s) I
> had used the .config from the .23 kernel - I thought that would be OK,
> but it obviously wasn't.
>

>Per Jessen, Zurich

Did you do a 'make oldconfig' first? This is very important when
keeping config continuity from kernel build to kernel build.

That should have asked you some questions about how to set any new
options, and removed any old, now invalid ones while maintaining the
working options you had set in the .23 .config. Thats all done
automaticly by my buildit script, which I edit to give it the old
version to reference, and what new version I'm building next.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  Last update: 2005-10-29 16:55    [W:0.045 / U:0.204 seconds]