SubjectIs sharpzdc_cs.o not a derivitive work of Linux?
Hello Linux developers,

Sharp Electronics Corporation manufactures a series of handheld
computers called the Zaurus. The new ones run Linux.

Sharp sells a digital camera, the CE-AG06 that works with the SL-5500,
SL-5600 and SL-6000. To use this camera, a Linux module sharpzdc_cs.o is
required.

There are several copies of the Linux Zaurus source on the web; none of
them contain the source code for this module. I am attempting to use the
official source code offer that came with the device instead of the web
copies. When I do manage to get Sharp to do this, I anticipate they will
not include the source for this particular module.

Sharp distributes sharpzdc_cs.o in the Zaurus ROM image alongside Linux.

You can look at the module here:
http://oz.pdai.org/mirror/camera-modules-2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix.tar.bz2

I have read, http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/COPYING.modules
made otherwise.

I would like to know if this is one of those exception cases. That is
why I used the word 'not' in the subject line.

Is sharpzdc_cs.o *not* a derivative work of Linux?

Mark Jenkins
umjenki5@cc.umanitoba.ca

Appendix A
sharpzdc_cs.o is dynamically linked against the following functions and
variables:

Symbol Location
CardServices drivers/pcmcia/cs.c
kmalloc mm/slab.c
__memzero arch/arm/lib/memzero.S
kfree mm/slab.c
memset arch/arm/lib/memset.S
memcpy arch/arm/lib/memcpy.S
__release_region kernel/resource.c
sprintf lib/vsprintf.c
printk kernel/printk.c
ioport_resource kernel/resource.c
udelay arch/arm/lib/delay.S
mod_timer kernel/resource.c
jiffies kernel/timer.c
register_chrdev fs/devices.c
register_pccard_driver drivers/pcmcia/ds.c
unregister_pccard_driver drivers/pcmcia/ds.c
unregister_chrdev fs/devices.c
del_timer kernel/timer.c

  Last update: 2005-10-28 18:32    [W:0.100 / U:0.516 seconds]