    SubjectRe: Linux Kernel MD5 sums and some question
    On 10/27/05, Jesper Juhl <> wrote:
    > On 10/27/05, Chaitanya Hazarey <> wrote:

    > > Lately I had some problems compiling the kernel source on my machine.
    > > I guess nothing serious, but one thing came to my notice. I was
    > > looking for the MD5 sums for the linux kenerl and found none. The Pgp
    > > signatures are fine , but there seems no way to check the package.

    > Yes, there is a way to check the files; verify the pgp signature. If
    > the file has been modified the signature won't validate.

    But having signed MD5 sums would be a solution.

    That way people can check a). Did they download the kernel properly?
    b). Was it genuine? in two distinct steps. Others will think that's a
    *really* bad idea :-)

      Last update: 2005-10-27 17:12    [W:0.023 / U:21.328 seconds]