SubjectRe: terminal handling: collecting inter-keystroke timings
"Travis H." <solinym@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to be able to do it with (ttys attached to?) network sockets
> as well, so that I could test out the applicability of it to remote
> users.

One issue here is Nagle--you'll definitely want to turn that off, and
I don't think you can do it from the server side. Also, I think SSH
does its own batching of keystrokes, to decrease the overhead of the
crypto encapsulation. So this part seems like a hard problem without
a cooperating client.

> Ideally any mechanism would be flexible enough that I could have it
> deliver me timings between key-down, key-up-to-key-down, or up/down to
> up/down timings.

You're not going to be able to do that with network connections, only
locally attached keyboards.

-Doug

  Last update: 2005-10-24 15:07    [W:0.037 / U:0.184 seconds]