SubjectRe: question about code from the linux kernel development ( se ) book

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Nick Warne wrote:

> Steven Rostedt wrote:
>
> >> ( thnks for the help , please if it can be done answer quickly i am
> >> tanker in the idf and need to come back to the army soon , ( no
> >> internet there... ) )
> >
> > BTW, this is not an IRC, we use normal capitalization and normal spelling
> > (when we know how to spell a word ;-). So the next time you send to the
> > list, send it as if you were writing a serious letter, or you may just be
> > ignored. (as you might have been if I didn't respond).
>
> Well, I am a real newbie to Linux coding, but I think the guy tried to do
> right (irc sent him here) - maybe I am not used to the terseness of Kernel
> hackers in their replies sometimes.

I didn't say he didn't try to do right. I didn't mean to come off terse,
I was just informing Yitzchak of the etiquette of this list. I even tried
to soften it with the "how to spell a word" comment.

So Yitzchak, if I offended you, I'm sorry and I didn't mean to do it.

Nick, FYI, Don't parse the CC list. That may be acceptible on other
mailing lists, but the volume of mail on this one, we request that the CC
list remains unless someone asks to be taken off. I only saw this mail
because Yitzchak referenced you in his reply. ;-)

-- Steve

  Last update: 2005-10-21 17:59    [W:0.039 / U:0.100 seconds]