SubjectRe: USB-> bluetooth adapter problem

>>I have a 3com USB bluetooth adapter, that worked for me at one time,
>>that I can't get working anymore.
>>
>>The model is 3CREB96B
>>
>>Sometimes it isnt even noticed when I plug it in, but after restarting
>>hotplug I get this:
>>
>>usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
>>hci_usb_probe: Can't set isoc interface settings
>>usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 2
>>
>>I don't think that I have removed any options from the kernel that
>>should cause this, and other USB devices work fine.
>>
>>Can someone please explain this message in more detail (google turns up
>>very little)?

I got another one of these adapters, and when I plug the new one in I get:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.8
usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb
hcid[30219]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[30219]: HCI dev 0 up
hcid[30219]: Starting security manager 0

Then I remove that one and plug in the original and get the old problem:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
hcid[30219]: HCI dev 0 registered
usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 3
hcid[1984]: Can't init device hci0: No such device (19 )
hcid[30219]: HCI dev 0 unregistered

So the old one I was using seems to be a bad device, I just want to ask
if there are any other possibilities, other than bad hardware, before I
get rid of it.

Thanks

  Last update: 2005-10-20 02:07    [W:0.064 / U:0.020 seconds]