SubjectRe: 2.6.14-rc4-mm1
On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 02:22:41AM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 October 2005 02:17, Greg KH wrote:
> >
> > Because before my patch, any class_device created for the input class,
> > had the name, phys, and uniq attributes created for them, including the
> > "simple" class device structures event0, event1, and so on. The kobject
> > being passed back to those callback functions was not of the same type
> > of object as input0, input1 and so on. So bad things happened.
>
> Oh, I see. That's what you get for mixing devices of different classes
> into one class ;)

I agree, it's tough, nasty, and full of horrible issues like this. I
got away with much the same mess with the USB core code where we mix
devices of different types on the same bus, but I wouldn't recommend
ever doing that again.

So, when we move everything over to being only devices, I'll try to make
problems like this impossible to occur, as it's a pain...

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2005-10-18 09:43    [W:0.059 / U:2.424 seconds]