    SubjectRe: [patch 0/8] Nesting class_device patches that actually work
    On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 11:04:35PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
    > On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:44:30PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
    > > But, if you think we can't break userspace by adding nested class
    > > devices just yet, I agree, and can probably just put a symlink in
    > > /sys/class/input to the nested devices, which will make everything "just
    > > work". I'll try that out later tonight and let you all know how it
    > > goes.
    > Below is a patch that does this for the event portion of input. Good
    > news is that the symlink shows up just fine in sysfs. Bad news is that
    > even with your previously posted patch, udev dies a horrible death.
    > And udev dies today with the nested stuff too, so that's not good
    > either.

    Nevermind, that was due to the kernel oops, not udev.

    Kay, your original udev patch works just fine. What I don't see is why
    the existing udev release doesn't also work, now that I have the
    symlinks set up. I'll try to figure that one out too...

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-10-18 09:08    [W:0.021 / U:0.848 seconds]