    SubjectRe: [Patch 2/3] Export get_one_pte_map.
    Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com> wrote:

    > On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Robin Holt wrote:
    > > On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 08:20:34AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
    > > >
    > > > The stuff in -mm is what is going to be in .15, so you have to work off
    > > > of that patchset if you wish to have something for .15.
    >
    > The stuff in -mm is a best guess at what's going to be in 2.6.15,
    > but it's far from exact and certain.
    >
    > > Is everything in the mm/ directory from the -mm tree going into .15 or
    > > is there a planned subset? What should I develop against to help ensure
    > > I match up with the community?
    >
    > That's a question for Andrew (added to CC in case he's not receiving
    > enough copies of this mail ;-), and it's too soon to tell - changes
    > which have only just been exposed in 2.6.14-rc4-mm1 are not yet
    > mature enough for a judgement.
    >
    > I've still got stuff to come, to make full sense of what's already in:
    > if I were Andrew, given the faster releases we're going for now, I'd
    > currently be in some doubt about whether to push that for 2.6.15.

    Ther are nearly 100 mm patches in -mm. I need to do a round of discussion
    with the originators to work out what's suitable for 2.6.15. For "Hugh
    stuff" I'm thinking maybe the first batch
    (mm-hugetlb-truncation-fixes.patch to mm-m68k-kill-stram-swap.patch) and
    not the second batch. But we need to think about it.

    > Perhaps he'll be more comfortable with yours, feel it's the right
    > way to go, and want to put it ahead of what's presently in -mm.
    > Or perhaps not.

    The mspec driver? That work should be based on the mm patches in rc4-mm1,
    I guess. Its impact on core mm is small, so we should be able to get it
    into 2.6.15.

      Last update: 2005-10-17 23:00    [W:0.023 / U:0.788 seconds]