SubjectRe: VFS: file-max limit 50044 reached

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Dipankar Sarma wrote:

> At the moment however I do have another concern - open/close taking too
> much time as I mentioned in an earlier email. It is nearly 4 times
> slower than 2.6.13. So, that is first up in my list of things to
> do at the moment.

It's not slower for me. For me, lmbench shows open/close as being pretty
stable at least since 2.6.12.

Are you sure that your dentry cache tests haven't just filled up the
dentry lists so much that when you compare open/close performance after
the dentry tests, they seem much slower than your numbers from before?

If you run something that fills up the dentry cache, open/close will be
slower just because the open part will have to traverse longer hash
chains.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.123 / U:0.244 seconds]