SubjectRe: [ACPI] Re: [patch 0/2] acpiphp: hotplug adapters with bridges on them
On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 14:29 +0300, Paul Ionescu wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:45:45 -0700, Kristen Accardi wrote:
>
> > These 2 patches will allow adapters with p2p bridges on them to be
> > successfully hotplugged using the acpiphp driver. Currently, if you
> > attempt to hotplug an adapter with a p2p bridge on it, the operation will
> > fail because resources are not allocated to it properly. These patches
> > have had very limited testing as I only have one machine and one type of
> > adapter to test this with. I tested this with 2.6.14-rc2, but the patch
> > applies fine to rc3 as well.
>
> Is this patch supposed to allow me to hot-plug/hot-eject my laptop in its
> docking station ?

Hi Paul,
Actually, I did this patch as part of the work I'm doing to enable
docking station support. It is necessary for docking station, however,
it isn't the only thing that is needed to get docking station to work.
The docking station patch is in progress still - and will hopefully be
ready for testing soon.

Kristen