SubjectRe: VFS: file-max limit 50044 reached
Linus Torvalds a écrit :

> So I suspect that the _real_ fix is:
>
> - for 2.6.14: remove the batching limig (or just make it much higher for
> now)

I would just remove it. If the limit is wrong, we crash again. And the
realtime guys already are pissed off by batch=10000 anyway.

> - post-14: work on making sure rcu callbacks are done in a more timely
> manner when the rcu queue gets long. This would involve TIF_RCUPENDING
> and whatever else to make sure that we have timely quiescent periods,
> and we do the RCU callback tasklet more often if the queue is long.

Absolutely. Keeping a count of (percpu) queued items is basically free if kept
in the cache line used by list head, so the 'queue length on this cpu' is a
cheap metric.

A 'realtime refinement' would be to use a different maxbatch limit depending
on the caller's priority : Let a softirq thread have a lower batch count than
a regular user thread.

Eric

  Last update: 2005-10-17 18:04    [W:2.005 / U:0.072 seconds]