    SubjectRe: [Patch 2/3] Export get_one_pte_map.
    On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Robin Holt wrote:

    > I am currently getting pressure from my management to get something
    > checked into the tree for 2.6.15.

    I'm sorry to hear that, but it's not a kernel development priority.

    And since I'm nearing completion of a task which we expect to satisfy
    what SGI's been asking for almost a year, which I had been obstructing,
    I'm disinclined to drop it now in order to help meet their latest fancy.

    > Would it be reasonable to ask
    > that the current patch be included and then I work up another patch
    > which introduces a ->nopfn type change for the -mm tree?

    I'm definitely not in charge here, and cannot answer that. But I
    think it's unlikely, unless Linus and Andrew are pretty sure that
    what you have now is really the way they want to go in the long term.

    You will, as ever, be entitled to apply your patch on top of 2.6.15
    (but it may not apply without some changes).

    Repeating a technical question (sorry, that now seems off-topic!):
    what do you expect to happen with PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE?

    Hugh

      Last update: 2005-10-17 18:02    [W:0.020 / U:88.832 seconds]