SubjectRe: spitz (zaurus sl-c3000) support
Hi!

> > > oz 3.5.4 is due for release soon and will hopefully have a 2.6 option
> > > for spitz.
> >
> > Is there chance to get preview version somewhere? 2.6-capable userland
> > would be very nice (and zImage would help, too, just for a demo :-).
>
> I'm no sure offical preview images exist but here's something I built
> myself recently:
>
> http://www.rpsys.net/openzaurus/temp/spitz/

Thanks. Kernel works, even with 3.5.3 opie. [But touchscreen gets
extremely interesting, you have to click top-right corner to get it to
register click in bottom-left].

> Rename the gpe or opie file "hdimage1.tgz" to flash depending on what
> flavoured image you'd like. You need the other files including gnu-tar.
> You don't need an initrd.bin file as under 2.6 we can boot directly from
> the microdrive.

You mean I should place tar binary on flashcard, because updater.sh
needs it? [What is updater.sh anyway, xor 0x5e encrypted shell
script?!]

> > Wildly offtopic... I got poweradapter with spitz (with funny design)
> > that says 100V (and lot of japanese letters).. I guess it would be
> > very bad idea to try it at 240V?
>
> Trust me, its a very bad idea...

Oh, okay, one more question. Do you trust your battery charging code
enough to leave spitz overnight in charger? I would hate to be awaken
by angry lithium ;-).

Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!