SubjectRe: 2.6.14-rc4-rt1

* Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

> Hi Ingo, just a heads up, I'm still seeing the same problems I
> reported with rt13. After about 10 to 15 minutes of up time I see the
> usual warnings from Jack, keyboard repeat problems (repeats keys too
> fast) and random screensaver triggers. The last two seem to be
> "clustered" in time, for a little while things work, then both happen
> and so on and so forth.
> Sorry to not have any traces that could help, I'm still too busy to be
> able to sit down quietly and gather data.

i'm not sure latency traces will uncover anything useful for this bug.
Your problems could be timer issues: timers going off too fast cause
high keyboard repeat rates, and the same goes for the screensaver. Does
'sleep 1' work as expected, or is that timing out in an "accelerated"
way too?

one tweak would be to turn off SMP support in the .config for testing
purposes. Another tweak would be to turn HIGH_RES_TIMERS on in the
.config - it is the common operating mode and the default, so non-HRT
timers could have attracted some bug we didnt notice yet.

  Last update: 2005-10-12 08:17    [W:0.171 / U:2.968 seconds]