    SubjectRe: chasing the four level page table
    On 6 Jan 2005 20:38:27 +0100, Andi Kleen <ak@muc.de> wrote:
    > You can't use get_user_pages in this case because the AGP aperture
    > can be above mem_map. If none of the callers take page_table_lock
    > already you would need to add that too. I guess from the context the lock
    > is not taken, but better double check.
    >
    > Perhaps we should add a get_user_phys() or somesuch for this.

    No where in DRM is page_table_lock being taken. Also, no other device
    driver takes page_table_lock either, so that probably implies that DRM
    shouldn't start doing it to. Best solution would probably be add an mm
    function for get_user_phys() that takes the lock internally. If you
    add the function I'll convert DRM to use it.

    --
    Jon Smirl
    jonsmirl@gmail.com